Vyvanse Water Titration in 8 Steps
Vyvanse (Generic: Lisdexamfetamine)
Vyvanse is a long-acting ADHD medication of the Adderall family. Per the manufacturer, Vyvanse can be safely administered by mixing the contents in a liquid and consuming the mixture. Water-titration can only be done with Vyvanse because of its pharmacokinetic properties. Vyvanse is a prodrug, or a medication that, after administration, is metabolized (i.e., converted within the body) into a pharmacologically active drug (dextroamphetamine).
Water-titration should not be performed with other long-acting stimulants (such as Adderall XR, Dexedrine, Mydayis, Aptensio XR, Concerta, Focalin XR, Ritalin LA, or Metadate ER).
- 1. Obtain a proper water bottle. You will need a large (wide) mouth, graduated water bottle with a leak-proof lid. The wide mouth is necessary to avoid losing medication when opening the capsule. The markings, or printed graduations, assist with the proper dosing. The tight seal on the lid will prevent loss of the medication when shaking or transporting.
- 2. Label the water bottle using a permanent marker. You do not want others to “accidentally” consume your Vyvanse. Make sure to always place the bottle in a safe, secure place, even if there isn’t any medication in it (there still may be medication residue).
- 3. Add water, or another clear liquid, to the clean, empty water bottle.
- 4. Take a Vyvanse capsule and slowly open it on top of the opened water bottle. Pull at the capsule ends with the tips of your fingers. The powder should fall into the bottle. Make sure to remove all the contents of the capsule.
- 5. Secure the lid on the bottle.
- 6. Shake the bottle of water for 15-30 seconds.
- 7. Drink the amount of water for the prescribed dose. Therefore, if you have a 70 mg capsule and mix it in 700 mL of water, then 30 mg of Vyvanse would be 300 mL (10 mg = 100 mL).
- 8. Preserve the remaining liquid in a refridgerator. The medication should be viable for at least 2-3 days.