Applying for the Florida Medical Cannabis Card
Applying for the Florida Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Card is EASY!
Obtaining medical cannabis after your initial consultation with an authorized physician should only take 10-14 business days if the application is completed electronically. Dr. Tariq Halim at Core Revitalizing Center in Lakewood Ranch will walk you through the process at the appointment.
- Temporary Card: Will arrive via email to your inbox (please check your spam/junk folder).
- Physical Perminent Card: Will arrive in the mail within 4-6 weeks (not needed to obtain cannabis from local dispensaries).
How to Apply for the Florida Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Card
- Retrieve your login credentials for the Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Use Registry that have been sent to your email address.
- Access the “Your Card” page in the Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Use Registry to complete your online application.
- For help completing the online application:
- Supply all necessary documentation and submit your payment information for the $75 processing fee.
- The easiest method is to use your cell phone’s camera and take a picture of your driver’s license.
- Payment can be made securely via credit card after submitting the application online.
- Print a patient or caregiver application:
- Indicate on the third page whether it is an initial, renewal, or minor application.
- Complete all required fields and include:
- An approved passport-type photo
- A copy of the required proof of residency
- $75.00 check or money order made out to the Florida Department of Health
- Mail your application to:
- Office of Medical Marijuana Use
- PO BOX 31313
- Tampa, FL 33631-3313
Application Requirements for the Florida Medical Marijuana Card
Proof of Residency
For online and paper applications (per FL law):
For all forms of residency, the name and address on the document(s) provided must match the name and address provided in the application.
- Adult applicants (patients and caregivers) must submit a copy of a valid Florida driver license or Florida identification card. If you recently moved and haven’t updated the address on your driver license, you can do so online at GoRenew.com.
- Seasonal residents that do not possess a valid Florida driver license or Florida identification card must submit a copy of two of the following documents:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the seasonal resident’s parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration in the medical use registry.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
- Minor patients must submit a certified copy of a birth certificate or a current record of registration from a Florida K-12 school, and a copy of the minor patient’s parent or legal guardian’s valid Florida driver’s license or identification card.
- For online applications: The Registry is connected to the Division of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s State ID system. If there is a match to the information supplied by your physician, your state ID or driver’s license photo is automatically added to your application.
- For paper applications: Submit a full-face, passport-type, color photograph taken in front of a plain white background within the last 90 days, and 2×2 inches in size.
- For online applications: Electronically sign your application once your photo and proof of residency have been uploaded. Type your first and last name exactly as it appears on your application in the appropriate boxes. Then click “Submit My Card Application.”
- For paper applications: Print and sign your name exactly as it appears on your application in the appropriate boxes on the final page of the application.
- For online applications:
- Once you submit your application, a button will appear that reads: “Click Here to Pay Online.” Click that button to access the Bill2Pay system to supply your payment information. Credit cards and eChecks are accepted.
- A $2.75 convenience fee applies to each online payment.
- If your payment is declined, a $15 service fee will be charged to your account.
- For paper applications:
- Include a $75 check or money order made out to the Florida Department of Health with your application. Please remember to include on it your Patient ID Number and DOB.
How to Obtain Replacement Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Card
Change, Replacement, Surrender Instructions
- At this time, you are unable to change the address, replace your Florida medical cannabis card, or surrender (discontinue) your cannabis online through the Medical Marijuana Use Registry portal.
- In order to change, replace or surrender your Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Use Registry Identification Card, complete the Cardholder Information section and applicable section(s) of this form.
Application Approval Process for the Florida Medical Cannabis Card
The current processing time for complete applications is five (5) business days from the date in which payment successfully processes and posts to the Registry. Online payments take five (5) business days to process. If any part of an application is rejected for missing or invalid documentation, the processing time will be delayed.